Does Your Boiler Installation Require Certification?

ST Heating Services Ltd. are experts in a variety of areas, including boiler installations. Whether your new boiler or replacement boiler is to be installed in your home or business, there are a few important steps to carry out post installation to ensure that you remain compliant with national health and safety rules and regulations. Here, we talk you through them.

industrial boilersWho do I need to inform about my new boiler installation?

When a new boiler is installed, whether in a privately owned home or in a business, the Local Authority needs to be informed within 30 days of the work being completed. ST Heating Services Ltd. will do this for you as part of our boiler installations service.

Will I receive any documentation?

Yes. All of our engineers are registered and, as such, will access the Gas Safe register to inform the Local Authority of your boiler installation. Following this, you should receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate through the post within 28 days. This certificate belongs to the property, not you as an individual. As such, it should be kept somewhere safe and passed on to the next owner of the property if that time arrives. You will also need it if you re mortgage your property or take a loan out against it. The Building Regulation Certificates can also be duplicated in the event of loss if required by accessing the Gas Safe Register website and paying a small fee of £6.

Is the anything else I should know?

It is highly recommended that you get your boiler serviced regularly to prevent breakdown or potentially more serious issues. Most gas engineers will recommend that this is carried out annually and we strongly agree. For businesses and landlords, a regular boiler service is a legal requirement. As part of our wide range of services at ST Heating Services Ltd., we will carry out comprehensive boiler services as and when required. Should the worst happen and your boiler does breakdown, we are also on hand to get you up and running (and warm!) again as quickly as possible.

If you or your business is considering installing a new boiler or replacing a old one, please do get in touch with us telephone or email. Our friendly staff are on ready and available to talk you through the process, including our very competitive rates. We look forward to hearing from you.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *