Are you on a low income or know somebody who has a low income, yet may benefit from a replacement boiler? The Government’s Affordable Warmth Obligation might be of help.
The winter weather takes no prisoners. For anybody on limited means, a difference between heating or eating. Electric bills can be high, and higher still if you’re on a prepaid meter. There is some salvation, in the form of HM Government’s Affordable Warmth Obligation scheme.
The Affordable Warmth Obligation, in spite of its title, isn’t a stick for battering the utility companies with. Not a way of interrogating NORWEB’s successors into cutting our utility bills in a brightly-lit room. It enables homeowners and private tenants to update their boiler or have their loft insulated. Either for free or at subsidised rates.
To apply for the Affordable Warmth Obligation, you need to be in receipt of the following income-related benefits:
- Pension Credit;
- Child Tax Credit (if your income is £16,010 p.a or less);
- Working Tax Credit (if your income is £16,010 p.a or less);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance (JSA);
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA);
- Universal Credit (plus earnings of a further £1,250 p.a. or less after tax in the last 12 months).
There is also additional criteria for claimants of the following benefits:
- Pension Credit: you must also receive the Pensioner Premium element;
- Child Tax Credit: that one of your children has a disability, and you claim the Disabled Child Premium;
- Working Tax Credit: applicants must be aged 60 years or above;
- Income-based ESA: applicants must also be in receipt of a Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) or Support Group component;
- Universal Credit: applicants must also be in receipt of a Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, or have a limited capability for work or any work-related activity element.
For further information, call the Energy Saving Advice Service on 0300 123 1234. Lines are open from Monday to Friday, from 9.00am to 8.00pm. Call cost up to 12p a minute from landlines, but vary from 3p to 45p a minute on mobile phones.
Once you’ve sorted your Affordable Warmth Obligation claim out, why not see what we can do? Our number is 0161 279 0137. We shall get back to you as soon as possible.
ST Heating Services, 05 December 2016.